Do you have an employee who is going on maternity leave?
- If an employee does not have a claim to receive wage while on maternity leave, you will have to report the employee's leave via. NemRefusion
- The employee will hereafter receive a notification letter from Udbetaling Danmark. The employee's answers and submission of the notification letter constitute the request of payment of maternity leave benefits
- The employee has to submit the information to Udbetaling Danmark before the due date. The due date is 8 weeks after the birth of the employee does not receive wage while on maternity leave
- If the company pays the employee wage in a period of maternity leave, then Udbetaling Danmark needs the employee's submission of the notification letter at latest 8 weeks after the last wage payment
- If Udbetaling Danmark receives the submission later, then the employee will only be able to receive maternity leave benefits from the day Udbetaling Danmark has received the submission.
You are able to read more in these link (Only Danish):